10372 best questions for Netherlands journal
We've collected 10372 best questions in the «Netherlands journal» category so you can quickly find the answer to your question!
- Video from Netherlands journal
- Top 10352 questions for Netherlands journal
- 40 related categories
Those interested in the Netherlands journal category often ask the following questions:
⭐️ Do you call the netherlands the netherlands or the netherlands?
- They call their country just “ Nederland “. The Dutch equivalent (“ De Nederlanden “) is not used in modern Dutch to refer to the Netherlands. Everyone agrees that in running text it should be just “the Netherlands”. Small “t”. No one would write this, for example:
- Is it the netherlands or the netherlands?
- Why is the netherlands important to the netherlands?
- Why is the netherlands not called the netherlands?
⭐️ Is netherlands antilles same as netherlands?
After 1954 the Netherlands Antilles were an integral part of the Netherlands, with full autonomy in internal affairs. The island of Aruba, which lies to the west of Curaçao and Bonaire, had initially been part of the Netherlands Antilles, but in 1986 it seceded from the federation to become a separate Dutch territory.
- Why did they call the netherlands the netherlands?
- When to use the netherlands or the netherlands?
- What does the netherlands export from the netherlands?
⭐️ Rotterdam, netherlands?
Rotterdam is a city rich with history. It was devastated by a bombing during WWII and had to spend the next few decades rebuilding itself. While it is an unfortunate history, this is exactly what sets Rotterdam apart from most other European cities. Other European cities are filled with the architecture of hundreds of years-gone-by. Because Rotterdam had to rebuild, you’ll find a more modern aesthetic to the city’s architecture. Even though the buildings are newer, Rotterdam is still a city that is steeped in tradition. The city houses the busiest port in Europe, and has since the year 1572. Today, Rotterdam has a very interesting energy to it. There is a nightlife scene that is unparalleled, a diverse and multi-cultural community, and an emerging art scene. There are so many reasons to visit this historic city. You may want to plan a trip for the historical significance, the nightlife, or maybe even to visit some of the museums.
- How did the netherlands become the modern netherlands?
- Curacao, netherlands antilles?
- Is netherlands expensive?
⭐️ Is it the netherlands or the netherlands?
Use “the Netherlands” in running text. Use “The Netherlands” when the name of the country is set apart in some way, including in addresses.
⭐️ Why is the netherlands important to the netherlands?
- There are three times as many bicycles as there are cars in the Netherlands. Tourism is important to the country, and many visitors come to see Dutch art, architecture—and the flowers. Tulips are a major industry, and the Dutch produce billions of bulbs a year—more than any other country. The name Netherlands means “low countries.”
Video from Netherlands journal
We’ve collected for you several video answers to questions from the «Netherlands journal» category:
Video answer: Netherlands vs russia | highlights | men's vnl 2021 (hd)
Video answer: Icekart rucphen | netherlands
Video answer: Disney xd netherlands - sign on (june 22, 2021 - 4:00am cet)
Video answer: Netherlands vs ukraine. uefa euro 2020 group c. highlights | pes 2021 prediction
Top 10352 questions from Netherlands journal
We’ve collected for you 10352 similar questions from the «Netherlands journal» category:
Canada visa netherlands?
- The Netherlands is a Schengen area country. Canadian citizens do not need a visa for travel to countries within the Schengen area. However, visa-free travel only applies to stays of up to 90 days in any 180-day period. Stays are cumulative and include visits to any Schengen area country.
Canada immigration netherlands?
- Canada Immigration from The Netherlands Provincial Nomination Program To immigrate to Canada from The Netherlands under the Provincial Nominee Program, a Dutch applicant must first make representation for a Provincial Nomination Certificate to the provincial government where they intend to ultimately settle.
What countries netherlands?
What is the Netherlands vs Holland?
- The difference between the Netherlands and Holland is the Netherlands is the term for the country as a whole, while Holland refers to just the two provinces of North and South Holland.
What's in netherlands?
The Netherlands is a country, not a city.
Who discovered netherlands?
The Romans discovered the Netherlands, but there lived people in the Netherlands before that. But they lived there very primitive./\
Who explored netherlands?
The Netherlands in Europe has been inhabited for several thousand years. It is not known who the first person was to explore the area.
Urban area netherlands?
- Amsterdam is the capital city of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and the most populous municipality in the country. The metropolitan area of Amsterdam has a population of 2,431,000 with the urban areas having a population of 1.3 million people.
Are netherlands cet?
Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. In the Netherlands, the standard time is Central European Time (UTC+01:00). Daylight saving time is observed from the last Sunday in March (02:00 CET) to the last Sunday in October (03:00 CEST).
Exports of netherlands?
The Netherlands had a variety of exports. The top exports of the Netherlands are mineral fuels, machinery, electronic equipment, organic chemicals, and plastics.
Religions of netherlands?
Netherlands have distinct percentages of religions, like Roman Catholic (25%), Irreligious (50%), Muslim (5%), Dutch Reformed Church (7%), Protestant Church in the Netherlands (7%) and other religions (6%).
Who founded netherlands?
William I, Prince of Orange founded the Netherlands
Netherlands canada relations?
Canada and the Netherlands enjoy a mature relationship based on political, investment, trade, and historical ties… In 2017, free trade between Canada and the Netherlands began for the first time. This led to a sharp increase in trade.
Is bv netherlands?
The BV (besloten vennootschap), a closed corporation or private company with limited liability, is the most common form of incorporated business in the Netherlands.
Netherlands drinking age?
The legal drinking age in the Netherlands is 18 years and above. Earlier drinking laws in Netherlands was 16 years which increased since the first of January 2014. Thank you.
Industrial area netherlands?
- The Randstad (“Ring City,” “Rim City,” “City on the Edge”) consists of major Dutch industrial cities extending in a crescent (open to the southeast) from Utrecht in the east to Dordrecht in the south and including Hilversum, Amsterdam, Haarlem, Leiden, The Hague, and Rotterdam.
Hemisphere of netherlands?
The Northern Hemisphere
Abbreviate the netherlands?
If you mean The Netherlands' ZIP code then it is NE.
Netherlands metro areas?
We used to define the metropolitan area as Randstad Holland (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht) however, now it is larger as the cities of Zwolle, Eindhoven, Breda, Arnhem and Nijmegen have been included.
Best areas netherlands?
Here are the top 10 places to live in the Netherlands, according to the 2019 Residential Ranking.
- The Hague.
Nice areas netherlands?
Here are the top 10 places to live in the Netherlands, according to the 2019 Residential Ranking.
Are netherlands vikings?
Were There Dutch Vikings? Before the Netherlands was the Netherlands or even Holland, it was known as Frisia. According to Historians, Vikings came to Frisia in the 9th century… But there is nothing to suggest that all the Vikings left the Netherlands.
Netherlands cruise areas?
Cruise ports in The Netherlands
- Netherlands - Amsterdam.
- Netherlands - Rotterdam.
- Netherlands - Vlissingen.
- Netherlands - IJmuiden.
Canada netherlands relations?
- Canada and the Netherlands have a special relationship resulting from actions during World War II when Canadian forces led the liberation of the Netherlands and hosted the Dutch Royal Family in exile. In part, the Canadian Tulip Festival still commemorates this relationship.
Canada netherlands embassy?
- Canada has an embassy in The Hague . Netherlands has an embassy in Ottawa and consulates-general in Toronto and Vancouver.
Greenhouse area netherlands?
- Greenhouse Farms The total area of the Netherlands is just 41.6 square kilometers, but the country is ranked first in the world by the area of greenhouse farms. Thus, the fruits, vegetables, and flowers this country produces does not only go to the countrymen, but also to millions of foreign people.
What is the difference between netherlands and netherlands antilles?
The Netherlands is a country in Western-Europe. The Netherlands Antilles is a group of Isles in the Caribean consisting of two groups of islands in the Lesser Antilles: Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire (ABC Islands), in Leeward Antilles just off the Venezuelan coast; and Sint Eustatius, Saba and Sint Maarten (SSS Islands), in the Leeward Islands southeast of the Virgin Islands. Aruba seceded in 1986 as a separate country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and the rest of the Netherlands Antilles was dissolved on 10 October 2010, resulting in two new constituent countries, Curaçao and Sint Maarten, with the other islands joining the Netherlands as "special municipalities", officially public bodies. The name 'Netherlands Antilles' is still sometimes used to indicate the islands which are part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
How to call from the netherlands to the netherlands?
- *Use also to TEXT Netherlands Antilles numbers. **011599 and +599 often work interchangeably from cell phones. Calling from other country? 011 - international access code; dial first when calling abroad from the US or Canada
Why was the netherlands called the netherlands after napoleon?
- The Netherlands remained a kingdom after Napoleon’s defeat. At that time, the area called “Holland” made the biggest contribution to the entire nation’s economy and wealth. As such it became the commonly used name to indicate the entire country.
What's the difference between the netherlands and the netherlands?
- There is a difference between the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Netherlands: the Kingdom of the Netherlands is the comprehensive sovereign state, while the Netherlands is one of its four countries. Three Caribbean islands (Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten) are the three remaining constituent countries.
Why do the netherlands wear the netherlands soccer shirt?
- These patriotic colors chosen for the Netherlands shirts are well known around the world, and many supporters wear the Holland football shirts and home shirts at matches to show their team solidarity and support. Join in and Cheer on the Team, Shop Today for The Brand New Netherlands Soccer Jersey!
How did new england take new netherlands from the netherlands?
In 1809 the Netherlands faced off the British Empire in a bid to have her release her strangehold of dominance in the Americas. The upshot of the Netherlands being the defeated party spelled reparations: mainly relinguishing New Netherlands to the British; which immediately became renamed to New York.
Why did people from netherlands not settle in new netherlands?
People from THE Netherlands did settle in New Netherlands, but they felt more at home in the Netherlands because its just such an awesome country. And they went bankrupt.
How long from amsterdam netherlands to haarlem netherlands by train?
When you want to know about public transportation in the Netherlands you should visit www.9292ov.nl the answer to your question is : approx. 20 minutes with train / bus from city centre to city centre
What was new netherlands name before it was new netherlands?
Do you call the netherlands the netherlands or the uk?
- In a list or series of countries, it is better style to use “the Netherlands” if the list includes “the United Kingdom”, “the United States” or other country with a “the” name (with a small “t”). For example: The largest absolute numbers of people born outside the EU were in Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands.
Netherlands world war 2?
Is netherlands a democracy?
Yes, indeed, the Netherlands is part of a democracy.
How do netherlands dress?
Like people in the UK, USA, Belgium, Germany, ect.
When was netherlands created?
Netherlands was created on 1648-01-30.
Is netherlands agricultural country?
The Netherlands might be a small country, but it's the second-largest exporter of agriculture in the world, after the United States. In 2017, the Netherlands exported $111 billion worth of agricultural goods, including $10 billion of flowers and $7.4 billion of vegetables.
Is netherlands healthcare free?
Your Dutch health insurance policy entitles you to free medical treatment in the Netherlands, including standard prescriptions. Public health insurance does not cover some treatment, such as dental treatment and physiotherapy. However, you will need a private insurance policy.
Is netherlands in scandinavia?
No it is not.
Is netherlands under europe?
The Netherlands is a member country of the EU since January 1, 1958 with its geographic size of 41,542 km², and population number 16,900,726, as per 2015. The Dutch comprise 3.3% of the total EU population. Its capital is Amsterdam and the official language is Dutch.
Is netherlands using euro?
The Netherlands is a founding member of the European Union and one of the first countries to adopt the euro on 1 January 1999.
What happened new netherlands?
New Netherland was a Dutch colony from 1614 to 1664, about 50 years. In 1664, the English took the colony from the Dutch by force—even though the two countries were not at war and few if any shots were fired. In the former New Netherland, Dutch influence can still be felt…
0031 area code netherlands?
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for the Netherlands (31), the area code without the 0, then the subscriber number e.g. 00-31-20-XXXXXXX or +31-20-XXXXXXX. Mobile Telephone Numbers in the Netherlands Mobile phone numbers in the Netherlands begin with 6.
Withholding tax canada netherlands?
- Under Art. 10 (2) of the Netherlands-Canada tax treaty, the source state can subject the dividends to withholding tax. If the recipient is the beneficial owner the tax shall not exceed 5% (25% under domestic law) if the company has a participating interest.
Are the netherlands progressivd?
Where does the Netherlands rank in social progress?
- 22. Netherlands — The Netherlands performed best in the Social Progress Index, where it came in eighth compared to countries with a similar GDP per capita like Denmark, Finland and the UK. Farmworkers look for dead flowers in Dutch tulip fields in Noordwijk, the Netherlands April 24, 2010.
Does netherlands use stamps?
The main postal service in the Netherlands is PostNL… If you are sending something within the Netherlands then you use 'Nederland' stamps, or if you are sending something anywhere else then you use 'International' stamps.
Canada in netherlands ww2?
Canadians played an important role in the liberation of the German-occupied Netherlands during the Second World War, forging lasting bonds between the two nations. Canadians landed in France on D-Day — 6 June 1944 — fighting through the summer in the Normandy campaign.