Video answer: Why are people from the netherlands called dutch?
Top best answers to the question «What do you call people who live in the netherlands»
- The people from “the Hollands” are called Hollanders. However, they are part of the Netherlands and because all people from The Netherlands are called Dutch, so are they! Holland is just a part of The Netherlands. Inhabitants of The Netherlands are called ‘Dutch’ in English.
- Strictly speaking, the term "Hollanders" does not refer to people from the other provinces in the Netherlands, but colloquially "Hollanders" is sometimes used in this wider sense. In Dutch, the Dutch word " Hollands " is the adjectival form for " Holland ".
- The Netherlands Meanwhile, there's another place that also gets one of the D/T words: people from the Netherlands are Dutch. You will surely recognize the resemblance to Deutsch. So, why are Hollanders Dutch?
Who are some famous people from the Netherlands?
- The Dutch are known for their creativity, even in names. Famous Dutch include artist Vincent van Gogh, performer-cum-female spy Mata Hari (born Margaretha Geertruida and made famous by Greta Garbo ), and celebrity James Van Der Beek.
- The people who live in the northern, Dutch-speaking part of the country are called the Flemish or Flemings.
Video answer: Black people in the netherlands "black dutch people in amsterdam holland"
1 other answer
People who live in the Netherlands are the Dutch.